Mechanical R&D Engineer – Manufacturing Digitalisation
Do you want to develop the future of the UK manufacturing sector and make a difference?
A leading Engineering consultancy firm is looking for a driven engineering candidate to join their small but passionate Bristol, UK based team.
The firm provides knowledge and tools to deliver software that supports the industry 4.0 manufacturing production developments, as well as designing and selling Industry 4.0 manufacturing assembly hardware. They combine extensive experience of virtual production and understanding of industry challenges with an exciting and confident vision for the future of the manufacturing sector.
The firm are also a reseller of Dassault Systemes 3DEXPERIENCE platform with a focus on manufacturing, robotics/automation, developing new methodologies and supporting customers manufacturing digitalisation.
As a Mechanical R&D Engineer – Manufacturing Digitalisation you will be a critical role based in the firms Bristol, UK office working on exciting, varied engineering projects. Working with the small team creates lots of opportunities for skill development including; leading engineering discussions, developing manufacturing simulations and designs, researching new technologies and managing projects.
It is desirable but not essential that you are an engineer with a relevant degree with several years of relevant work experience, however university graduates will also be considered for the role.
- Helping customers solve production-related tasks
- Developing new concepts and solutions, together with Production and Process Engineers
- Running the design process from start to finish
- Responsibility for technical solution, design, construction documents, contact with suppliers and end users, as well as commissioning
- Pre-sales to the delivery phase of projects
- Responsibilities include meetings with potential customers
- Preparation and delivery of technical presentations
- Continuously developing your industrial expertise and knowledge in 3DEXPERIENCE in line with the latest innovations.
- MSc/MEng. recent graduate in a relevant engineering field OR several
years of professional experience within engineering / technology
- 3D modelling skills is necessary, preferably CATIA
- Experience of production-technical work
- Passion for technology
- Ability to take on different challenges and learn new skills
- Proficient in English (UK) for both speech and writing
- Able to work independently but still a “team player”
- Ability to travel
Desirable but not essential:
- Experience in automation, Robotics, production
- Practical work in production would be beneficial
- Experience from the Automotive, aerospace industry
- Experience working with 3D CAD manufacturing software
- An understanding of PLM (Product Lifecycle Management)
What’s on offer:
This firm strives to provide learning opportunities, a healthy work-life balance and a wide range of social activities. Just some of the benefits our teams enjoy include:
- A great working environment
- Empowerment & project ownership
- Future-oriented projects with leading brands
- Training & skills development with leading engineering software and technologies
- Flexible working hours
Please apply by sending an email to email@example.com with your CV and a cover letter. Selection of candidates will be ongoing.
Candidates with previous job titles and experience including; Mechanical Design Engineer, Tooling Design Engineer, Manufacturing, Simulation Engineer, Equipment design, Automation engineer, Tooling, Manufacturing Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Project Engineer, Systems Engineer, Research and Development Engineer, R&D Engineer may also be considered for this role.